Wednesday 4th January

My New years Resolution was to do a blog a day.    This is my second day of being independent, free from work and doing my own thing.  To say I love it is an understatement.  

To anyone who is thinking about releasing themselves from a work environment they are not happy in, and can afford to do the same until something else comes up, then go for it.  My family cannot believe the difference in me since I have left.   So much happier, no stress, calmer at home, I love cooking again and preparing meals, and am chilled at night when my husband comes home.

My daughter is excited to as hopefully we have plans to do our own thing.  These are getting bigger by the day.

My main task to do is convert the back bedroom into an office come craft/art studio.  I have so much craft stash and ideas of what to make that I need to put into practice.

So going back to today.  Did you know that the 4th January is National Spaghetti Day.    One thing my eldest grandson loved when he came to stay once, was making spaghetti from scratch.  

This is my favourite recipe.

Home Made Spaghetti

 4 Beaten eggs
450g (1lb) of Strong Plain Flour
Pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon of Virgin Olive Oil. 

Pasta / spaghetti making machine 

In to a large bowl sift the flour.  In the centre make a well and add the eggs, oil and salt. 

Using your hands mix well until it forms a dough.

Knead for about 10 minutes then form into a ball.  Wrap in cling film and place to one side for about 30 minutes.  Do not place in the fridge. 

Aftr 30 minutes cut into smaller portions and use your pasta making machine as you wish to either roll out to make ravioli with the filling of your choice or to make spaghetti.   The spaghetti can be left to dry as this makes it cook easier and it does not stick together as much. 

Happy cooking :) 


A bit of trivia about spaghetti.   Originally it was extremely long but in the late 20th century it became a lot shorter.   Spaghetti is one of the staple foods in the Italian diet, and it was known to be cooked in the 5th Century.  It became more westernised in the 19th Century when spaghetti factories started to be built.

Enjoy your day.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.