On this rainy Sunday ......

Today is National Hat day.   I love my hats.  I love wooly and furry ones in the winter and big wide brimmied ones in the Summer.  My daughter also loves her hats too.   The best sort of hats are party hats though.



The other National day it is today is Nationalf Strawberry Ice Cream Day  One of my favourites.  This is my recipe below.

This happened by complete accident when I was trying to make a filling for a cake.  Due to adding icing sugar rather than sugar, the cream would not thicken when beaten. so I froze it and made ice cream. It came out  the best you can ever taste.  Have a go it is so simple.


You need :)

300ml tub of extra thick double cream
about 12 good strawberries less their green leaves (leave whole)
2 tablespoons of icing sugar sugar

Into a bowl put the strawberries, followed by the icing sugar and then pour or spoon the cream over the top.   This will prevent the icing sugar from going everywhere when you start to whisk.

With an electric hand whisk, whisk all the ingredients together.  The strawberries will gradually disappear but nice to leave a few chunky bits.   Whisk for about 5 minutes.   The mixture should still be quite runny.

Into an old ice cream tub or some plastic tubs pour the mixture.

After 1/2 hour give a good stir.    Repeat this several time whilst it is freezing as it stops ice crystals forming and makes a smoother ice cream,

Leave to freeze fully, over night is good and the serve with fresh strawberries or in a cone.

Enjoy x x

No comments

Powered by Blogger.